Thursday, December 6, 2012

One Year Later.....


 
This is the culprit to my weight loss plateau....so to speak. :)
Well I have officially made it to my one year anniversary of having my gastric bypass. What a crazy year it has been. First, I'd like to say that I am happy that I made this decision even if at first I didn't seem so happy about it. My overall health has improved significantly, and that is what the main purpose was all about. Second, I haven't been so great about blogging these past few months. I guess you could say that I have had other things on my mind. I went yesterday to the surgeons office for my one year appointment, which was pretty comical. I mean, here I am 8 months pregnant, walking into the weight LOSS office. Yeah, I got some funny looks....like "is this lady lost". LOL I waddled up to the desk and let them know I was there for my visit, and the receptionist congratulated me on my one year anniversary, then asked me how much weight have I lost. I said that it was debatable. I was pregnant. :) She said that she thought so, but she did not want to assume and ask. Many obese women get asked that all the time when they are NOT pregnant, and it can be hurtful. But there I was all big and really pregnant, not your norm for their office. So the surgeon wants to see me again in 6 months, after I have this baby, and make sure that I am back on track with my weight loss. He was happy to hear that my pregnancy was going great, and that my weight gain has been within normal weight gain standards for any woman. I have only gained about 22lbs. The best news was my Ha1C level was 5.3, anyone who knows anything about Diabetes knows that number is FABULOUS!!!!! So life moves ever forward, and I will be moving along with it. This baby will be here no later than January 28th, maybe sooner, but for now she is staying right on track with her growth and not getting too big. I still have moments where I have pushed the limits with my stomach, and believe me my stomach fights back. I have learned to really take the cues that my body gives me, so I am not getting to full or even throwing up. I will be interested to see what happens after I deliver, because my progress stalled after 5 months, but I did pretty good getting nearly 100lbs. off during that time.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Ginger, on the weight loss and the baby, both! Have a wonderful Christmas and the happiest of New Years!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete