Saturday, December 3, 2011

I see my thumb in a whole new perspective....

I was told at this last meeting before my surgery that my stomach pouch will be roughly the size of my thumb. Yikes! It is crazy to think that my stomach will be that small, and that I will be able to live off of 2 oz. of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus throughout the day I have to get 64 oz. of water into my body. This will be interesting to learn how to get this all done without screwing it all up! The water thing is a pretty big deal, because I could become dehydrated quickly if I don't sip the water down during my non-eating times. I won't have the ability to "catch up" after surgery. Which basically means if someone is thirsty they can gulp down a large glass of water to catch up on their overall 64 oz a day requirement.....not me. I will not be able to gulp down anything in large quantities. That is why I have to stay on track with getting it done throughout the entire day. I can basically drink 1 oz. an hour. Then I have to stop drinking 30 min. before eating, take 20-30 min eating my 2 oz. of food, then wait another 30 min. before continuing my water drinking. Somewhere in between all this concentrating on my eating and drinking I also have to take care of my family!! ;) Plus get my exercising in. I am excited to get into the groove of it all, but I know it is going to be the biggest life altering thing for me....almost like going from having no kids to having a baby. Exciting, New, Scary all wrapped into one. See you all on the other side of surgery!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment