Monday, December 12, 2011

I think I am in mourning :(

OK....so one week has passed, I am doing OK on the diets and tolerating most things just fine. I am finding that I am obsessed with food. I am sad to think I won't be eating this and won't be eating that. I want to make all this good (bad for you) food and eat it. :( Kinda depressing to think about it. I don't want to fail, or be sick eating the thing I shouldn't, so I don't. But I am constantly thinking about all the food. I am even dreaming about food. I am not starving or even hungry....that is why I am calling it mourning. If you see me shedding tears in the next coming weeks, just be sensitive to the death of my good friend....FOOD.

2 comments:

  1. Ginger, you can do this. The key is to change your mindset from what you can't eat to what you can eat. Put your focus on figuring out what kind of fun things you can put together that will keep you on your eating plan - there really are lots of foods out there that you can eat! You made the right choice by giving yourself the tool to good health (that's the surgery). Your success now depends on how you use that tool. You need to keep telling yourself that you can do it; and you need to remember that food isn't dead to you, you are just using it differently. Let me know if I can help.

    ~ Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanette...I really needed that! :)
    ~Ginger~

    ReplyDelete